Modeling an enclosure with snap-fits

I iterated on this for quite a while. Here are some highlights.

There are three types of snap-fits (design guide):

  • Annular - the kind you find on a pen cap
  • Cantilever - the most common joint
  • Torsion - as best I can tell, these are defined by having a lever connected to the joint for release

I believe all of these snap fits are cantilevers but I am a little unsure about the ones that hold the board in. There’s not much of an arm to deflect.

Thank you

Your comment has been submitted and will be published once it has been approved.


Your comment has not been submitted. Please go back and try again. Thank You!

If this error persists, please open an issue by clicking here.

Say something